A discussion of contemporary issues in media ethics, with olives and a twist. Made with only the freshest ingredients, shaken, stirred and poured over ice. I should also mention that I do like the odd, occasional martini. Bombay Sapphire gin and Lillet, dry and plenty of salty olives. Welcome to this cocktail of journalism and alcohol. A fine combination!

Tuesday, 24 April 2007

No Martinis this week

I have come down with a nasty flu bug that requires antibiotics. Damn! No more martinis this week.
I did have one in the Brooklyn yesterday evening with Helen, it was excellent, not too cold, nice and dry and two olives. Your standard gin/vermouth model. It hit the spot, but now I can't have another until I'm feeling better.
Here's a picture of my next Martini:

Blue Martini

White Space

Ingredients:

1 Part(s) Sky Vodka
1 Part(s) Blue Curacao
1 Part(s) Sour Mix
1 Garnish Lemon Twist

Instructions:

3/4 oz vodka, 3/4 oz blue curacao, 3/4 oz sour, shake well and lightly mist, serve up, preferably in a double martini glass, garnish with a lemon twist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who have you been kissing!?!?
FREE ALAN JOHNSTON

Marty said...

I'm not sure what farrokh means. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Farrokh was looking for an angle as to how you got the flu.