A discussion of contemporary issues in media ethics, with olives and a twist. Made with only the freshest ingredients, shaken, stirred and poured over ice. I should also mention that I do like the odd, occasional martini. Bombay Sapphire gin and Lillet, dry and plenty of salty olives. Welcome to this cocktail of journalism and alcohol. A fine combination!

Thursday, 5 July 2007

The Future of Citizen Journalism

AlterNet: MediaCulture: The Future of Citizen Journalism

This is an interesting column from AlterNet on the future of citizen journalism.

I'm collecting this sort of stuff now because I'm writing a book. The working title is Journalism in the Digital Age: Reporters, reportage and the public sphere. I'm interested in commentary as I go along and I've decided on a small experiment: I'm going to blog the book as I write it.

I'm not quite sure what that really means at this point. Perhaps I'll put extracts or ideas up here for you to question and comment on. I suppose this is really the first entry in that process.

No comments: